Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

So yesterday was one of those very rare days. Since David started working at Wal-Mart 7 months ago he's worked 7 days a week. However on Memorial Day the fates conspired to give him the day off at both jobs. That's right...one whole day to spend together. I have to admit we were both fairly giddy at the idea. We can count the number of days he's had completely off on our fingers.

We slept in til 9, another thing he doesn't get to do, and then took the kids swimming in our community pool. The weather and the water were absolutely beautiful. After a quick ride home to shower and change we hit the car for a road trip. One of mine and David's favorite things to do together is to drive new roads and see new places. SO we drove to Gila Bend which is about an hour east of Maricopa. David had heard that there was a good italian place there so we went to check it out.Photobucket

After lunch we were driving back when we saw a sign for a shrimp farm. Huh? We just had to check it out so we drove down this tiny road and found the shrimp farm. Where the very nice owner (farmer?) gave us a tour of his shrimp ponds. We're going to go back in November for Shrimp Days when they harvest the shrimp.PhotobucketPhotobucket

We drove back to town with a quick pit stop along the way to find Eli an obliging bush.Photobucket

Then we stopped at our Brand-New Wal-Mart! You'd have to live in Maricopa to appreciate how absolutely wonderful this is.Photobucket

We got home and my wonderful husband used his day off to scrub my kitchen floor, do my dishes, and then make us a wonderful dinner. After we put the kids to bed we snuggled up on the couch together and watched movies. It was so wonderful. Then after the movie David asked me if I was ready for bed and I started crying. I never wanted the day to end.Photobucket

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad you guys got to do so much on his day off! Sounds like you had a blast. I have some more clothes for you when are you coming in to town again?

kelleen said...

Boy did you all deserve a vacation! Sooo glad you were able to have a fun day together. I need to call you--seems like forever... Happy late Memorial Day!

Sara said...

That made my eyes water when I read your last part. I feel the same way. Just not enough time with my husband too!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Okay, first of all...shrimp in Arizona just *seems* wrong. Second, I think you have the most adorable and beautiful family I've ever seen. And David is the man. I could never work that much, myself. But then again, I am innately lazy. ;)

x

Jessie said...

Hey guys! We found you through the Crandall's blog. How are you? Everyone looks great! I don't know if Emma remembers us from sunbeams, but she really made a lasting impression on us. She is so amazing. She always knew all the stories and would listen, pay attention and participate in every lesson. VERY impressive for a 3 year old! :)

Anyway, we hope you are well and enjoying your beautiful family.

We have a blog too if you want to check it out. It is paulandjessieberg.blogspot.com


-The Bergs from Tempe Ward :)