Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The importance of Grandmas

So I'm all alone today and in total Grandma withdrawal! For the week after Maylee was born my mom came and stayed with us and the day she left my mother-in-law arrived to spend the weekend with us. Yesterday was my first day alone and it was a little traumatizing.

I mean, what are all these dirty dishes? Whose going to wash them now? And whose going to cook for my kids who still want 3 meals a day? Whose going to hold the crying baby so I can take a shower? Whose going to entertain the 6 & 4 year old while I sit in a nursing coma on the couch? Whose going to pick up after me and bring me lunch on the couch?

Yes, I admit it! I was extremely spoiled this last week and a half and I'm a Grandma addict now. I just don't think it's healthy to go cold turkey. So I'm going to post more pics of the adorable baby in hopes of luring them back to my house. No Grandma can resist a cute baby, right?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

kelleen said...

Ooooh, she is SO adorable! Yea for grandma help; not quite sure what I'll do on my own either--I'm thinking we'll have to put the big kids to good use; Child labor laws don't count at home right? :)

Sara said...

So true. Congrats on your new bundle of joy. Emily's new baby is Baylee and my new baby is Kaleigh. I sense a trend.

Jessie said...

ah yes... i am going through a mini version of that right now... although i still have 1. :)

Emily Hughes said...

Lol..so true Sara! I forgot that Amy's baby rhymes with our babies names. We are pretty trendy huh? Maylee is so cute! I was in the hospital with Baylee for longer so the help I had lined up for me didn't quite pan out.