Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm Official!

So today I am officially 36 weeks which means I am cleared to have my homebirth! Yea! I am starting to feel uncomfortable and really big now and when my midwife checked me yesterday I was 2 cm dilated, very effaced and the baby was at a -1 station. What does that mean?

Nothing really. You can be dilated for weeks before you go into labor. But heck it's better than not being dilated at all! My midwife predicted that I would go all the way to my due date which I thought was a little mean. :-) All of my labor companions have been putting in their "requests" for when I should have the baby. But I had a good talk with Maylee and told her to come whenever she wanted to because, heck, I'm always here.

Last Saturday my friend Mandy threw me a baby shower and it went so well. I had a great time and got so many cute things for my little girl. Here's a couple of pics:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

Jessie said...

i didn't know you were having a home birth! wild. you should get an award for that. :)

Sara said...

Cute Diaper cake! Yeah the countdown is closer!

kelleen said...

Hooray--almost there!!Wish I could have been there for the shower; have been meaning to call you to see what you still need... LOVE that outfit on you & your super-chic hair! Can't wait to see that little one :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy~

I just wanted to say thanks again for the recommendations. I will have to talk to you more about the homebirth sometime. I love the idea, but would like to pick your brain regarding the logistics!

Additionally, I have been meaning to tell you at church how much I love that long dress you have, but never seem to get around to it! You look so great in it! =)

Unknown said...

you still look fabulous! we are excited for you and can't wait to have baby Maylee around! (kaylee is super excited that maylee's name is almost just like hers) :]

hope the kids and hubby are well!

Holly said...

Hi Amy! We're excited for you and checking your blog every day! Check our blog for our own big news. :)

Holly

Holly said...

oh, and i was going to tell you that i'm SOOOO proud of you for having a home birth! that is awesome and exciting! i can't wait to read about it. you are an inspiration!

Kelly said...

Looking good Amy! When is your due date? You will have to tell me more about the midwife--my husband wants us to do that when it's our turn (not any time soon!)