Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation (Day 7)

Today's Agenda - Fisherman's Wharf!

We got an earlier start today and made it into the city in decent time. We were all very excited for today's excursion. SO excited in fact that the first thing we did was lose Emma in the parking lot as we hurried toward the pier. Luckily we noticed after only a hundred yards or so. Hopefully she won't be scarred for life. Here's a picture of me and the kids at the pier.
Photobucket
Our first stop was the Bay Cruise. I decked the kids down for this one with long sleeve shirts, coats, and hats. And then when we got out on the water the sun came out for the first time and we all got hot and sunburned. And then the wind came back and we all got cold again. Sheesh. This is Maylee and I on the boat and Maylee is doing her super villain face.
Photobucket
Here's Emma and my Mom, looking lovely and windswept.
Photobucket
My parents...the founders of the feast, as it were.
Photobucket
This is Eli demonstrating that the 90 minute Bay tour was about 60 minutes too long.
Photobucket

After the boat ride it was time for lunch. I also needed to feed Maylee and all of the restaurants around us looked like little cafe's with no seating. So I requested we find a restaurant with chairs so Maylee could eat too. We ended up at a very nice restaurant paying way too much money for food that just wasn't very good. It still makes me all upset to think about eating here! One of these weekends I'm going to make David drive us to San Fransisco just so we can eat somewhere fun on Fisherman's Wharf and then come home. Just to erase the memory of the $60 bowl of clam chowder (yes we did get other food too).
Photobucket

Here is my favorite sign of the trip and I'm sad I didn't get a close up of it. (One more reason for a weekend excursion, right David?)
Photobucket
Next was Aquarium on the Bay which was rather disappointing after the aquarium at The Academy of Science. But we did get to pet rays, sharks, and sea slugs so the kids still liked it.
Photobucket

After that we did some walking around and shopping. I bought some super expensive chocolate that, unlike lunch, I do not regret at all! There also was a funny moment where two Chinese women sat and took like 40 pictures of Maylee. Then we were ready to head back to the camp while my parents went to see Wicked. When we were driving into camp we almost ran over a couple of raccoons which was cool, until later that night when they were breaking into stuff around our camp. We also had a skunk which got into our garbage can and made a mess.
Photobucket

David enjoyed our time in San Fransisco so much. It is totally unlike any other city I've been in. We can't wait to go back and spend more time there.

2 comments:

kelleen said...

Your trip sounds amazing! (and exhausting too:)) so glad you got to do so many fun things as a family. So smart to take warm gear to San Fran--I seem to always forget and freeeze to death! Everything you did sounds like a ton of fun; you guys certainly deserve it.

Unknown said...

Next time you guys come, you can stay with us if you want. We are about 3 hrs away, i think. Might be farther than you like, but it's free. :) And then the kids can go explore together!