Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

We have definitely felt your prayers the last couple of days. I'm on a quick break from the hospital for a shower and a nap. I'll post a quick update and fill in the details when we are released.

Ell is doing very well, the doctors say they've never seen a ruptured appendix patient who is so cheerful. His white blood cell count is going down and his fever is much lower now. He's on 2 different types of antibiotics and once he's finished the dosages of those he will be released. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. He had a PICC line put in on Friday which is a type of permanent IV through his upper arm and into his chest. He will be on IV antibiotics for 2-3 weeks and then in May will go back for surgery and have his appendix removed.

Emma has been having a great time with her Granna, like one long sleepover! Although she has been a little worried that Eli is having more fun than her at the hospital. LOL!

David is holding up well under the pressure. Poor guy has a hard job keeping me sane, working both his jobs, and trying to spend time with Eli. I'm tired but doing well. I'm going to go crash for 2 hours now and then back to the hospital. If you need to call us use David's cell phone or call the hospital and they'll put you through to our room.

Love you all!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad to hear he is home! What a week! Sorry I couldn't be any help I really wanted to be but couldn't.