Monday, March 2, 2009

School Wall

So we use our kitchen as our "school room". For those of you who don't know I homeschool our two children. So despite having a whole room that we call the school room we do all our work in the kitchen. So here is our school wall, brought to you by IKEA.Photobucket

We have our master calendar for the whole family with doctor's appointments, David's work schedule, school events, field trips, church activities, birthdays, ect. The bins open out and Emma and Eli each have one for their school books and the third one is for library books.Photobucket

The little buckets hold all our school supplies like crayons, pencils, scissors, and glue. And the buckets lift off the bar for easy cleanup and transport.Photobucket

And then we have our display area, originally a curtain line but now used to show off Emma and Eli's work and creations. Daddy likes to see what they've been learning when he comes home from work.Photobucket

So thank you Mom and Blondie for your birthday present of IKEA giftcards!

6 comments:

kelleen said...

You are sooo creative! I would never have come up with something like that. I love how everything is so accessible, yet looks so orderly and nice--great idea. I may have to do some copying of your ideas. Speaking of, I tried your experiment and it was awesome! I was just as entertained as the kids watching it bubble and transform. Wish I knew how it all worked. Good luck this week!

Lindsay said...

How fun I wish I could get my house in order. I think we need a bigger house though. It looks great you did a awsome job!

Catherine said...

Amy, I love the idea!!! I wish that I had a wall of my own to organize this way. You are very welcome for the birthday present. I hope all is going well with the schooling adventures.
Love,
Blondie

Jamie Wilkinson said...

That is one of the coolest things I've seen! I want to run to Ikea and get one. Unfortunately, our house is miniscule (or fortunately, depending how you look at it). And I am just ridiculously impressed that you home school your kids.

Sara said...

Wow that is so cool! I didn't know you homeschooled! You are amazing!

Debe said...

love your wall! I wish I were half as organized.