Monday, March 1, 2010

Anchors Away

Last night Eli, who has been feeling sick, asked me if he could take a bath. I said sure and sent him off without thinking about it at all. After awhile Emma asked if she could get in too, she went into the bathroom and I heard her gasp and then say.

"Eli got water all over the floor!"

We're in a bit of a tattle-tale mode right now so I just shrugged and told her to hop in the tub and I'd go get a towel.

"No, Eli got water ALL over the floor."

David by this time had got up to see what was going on and I heard him gasp and start yelling for Eli to get out of the tub. I ran back down with my towel to see what was going on and walked into the bathroom and there was literally three inches of water all over the floor.

Three inches!

Several things occur to me then. 1. Eli's never actually taken a bath alone before. 2. When Eli an Emma take baths together she is in charge of turning off the water. 3. Eli has less common sense than even a typical 4 year old. 4. How the heck to you clean up 3 inches of water off a floor?

It turns out that when the water got high enough that even Eli realized something was wrong, he panicked and instead of turning the water OFF he tried to close the shower curtain to keep the water IN the tub. Ah....precious childhood moments.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

well, at least he tried to keep the water in somehow! :) even if it didn't work. :)

Unknown said...

I hope you don't have too much damage to your bathroom....Gotta love kids and the many ways they keep our lives hoppin. :)

kelleen said...

how DID you clean that up? I'm not sure we'd even have enough towels to handle that! I'm of the opinion things like that just should not happen to sleep deprived mommies--
hope you have a better day today:)

Christy Anna said...

you gotta love kids. : ) that sounds like lots of fun haha love u. did you guys get the ribbons frm mom yet?